1. First remove the dirt cup. The filter cup is just below it.
2. Grasp the filter cup assembly by the indentations on the top of the clear plastic top. Lift the cup up and out.
3. Rotate the clear plastic lid to the counter clockwise to unlock (note the lock/unlock icon on the filter cup assembly). You can then lift the filters out of the filter cup.
4. The filters are attached to the lid. To remove the filters, hold the filter up and twist counterclockwise.
5. The foam filter may be washed in warm water using mild detergent. But, make sure that the foam filter is completely dry before you replace it into the vacuum. The pleated filter under the foam filter cannot be washed. If it’s dirty, you can replace it by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/filter-replacement-pack-54a2?productid=81L2T