- Make sure the dirt cup is empty.
- Check the dirt cup to ensure it is installed correctly. There should be no gaps between the dirt cup and the foot of the machine.
- Remove the dirt cup, and check for suction at the motor duct.
- Make sure both filters are clean. Dirty filters will restrict air flow.
- Make sure the air duct in the dirt cup is free of debris.
If you are still having difficulty, please take your machine to a local Bissell Service Center for inspection/repair.
If you continue to experience low suction, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. The warranty on your machine is one year. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
To contact Consumer Services by phone, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.