- Make sure there is power to the machine.
- Make sure the solution tank is full.
- Check the hose solution line to make sure this is connected at the front of the machine. Firmly insert the hose and twist to the right.
- The wet clean bottom must be depressed in order for the machine to spray.
- Make sure the water tank is seated properly in the machine.
- Check the red colored auto-load gasket at the bottom of the tank; make sure this gasket is tightly fitted under the insert.
- Make sure the X valve, which is located at the bottom of the tank is dispensing solution. You can check this by pressing upward with your finger to see if solution comes out.
- Make sure the two black small o-rings are not damaged that fit on the end of the solution hose line.
If you require additional assistance, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. Your machine carries a one year warranty. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Center tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box on the right of the page to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1. You can also contact Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8am - 10pm and Saturdays from 9am - 8pm, ET.