Where was the machine purchased? If you purchased your machine at Target and it was a FLOOR model display machine, please note it DOES NOT have a motor in it, nor does it have a motor rating label. If you have no power and purchased your machine at Target, take the machine back to Target.
- Just to be safe, unplug your machine, and check entire length of power cord for damage. If it’s damaged, please stop using the machine and take to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a technician check it. You can locate one by clicking here: www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers
- Make sure the power cord is plugged into a working outlet.
- Check the Inner Cyclone located inside the Easy Empty Dirt Tank, as it may need to be rinsed or replaced.
- Check the Pre-Motor and Post Motor Filters.
You should be checking the Pre-Motor filter at least once a month and clean or replace as needed. You can access the Pre-Motor filter by removing the Easy Empty dirt tank from the vacuum base and pushing the “Push for filter” button located on the carry handle. Remove the foam filter from the filter tray (regular foam filter is yellow). You may wash this filter, but it must be allowed to completely air dry before putting it back into the machine. See pictures below:
- The Post-Motor filter assists in the filtration process to return clean air to the room. You should be replacing this filter every three to six months depending on use of the vacuum. You can access this filter by removing the filter tray located below the Easy Empty dirt tank. See pictures below. When the filter is dirty, push the filter through the bottom of the tray to clean or replace. Note: the white pleated post-motor filter may NOT be washed with water or detergent. If dust and debris accumulates on the filter, tap the filter on the side of a garbage container.
- More frequent filter cleaning or replacing may be necessary if you are vacuuming new carpet, fine dust, or have allergy concerns.
- Reduced air-flow from dirty filters or clogs will put greater stress on the motor, increasing the possibility for overheating therefore shutting the machine down.
- If you still have no power, please take the machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a technician check it.
You can locate one by clicking here: www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers