Official Sweepstakes Rules
No Purchase Necessary
1. Eligibility: The 12 Days of Holiday Cleanups Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of BISSELL Homecare, Inc. and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, nor is Facebook, Twitter or Instagram associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
2. Sponsor: BISSELL Homecare, Inc., 2345 Walker Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544.
3. Administrator: Olson + Co., Inc., 420 N. 5th Street, Suite 1000, Minneapolis, MN 55401
4. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on December 1, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on December 12, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: During the sweepstakes period, you can enter by following the directions on the social media post for the day. To enter from 12/1-12/4/16, comment on the day’s Facebook post by 11:59 p.m. CST each day for a chance to be randomly selected (www.facebook.com/bissell). To enter from 12/5-12/8/16, retweet, comment or favorite the day’s tweet by 11:59 p.m. CST each day for a chance to be randomly selected. To enter from 12/9-12/12/16, follow our page and tag a friend on each day’s Instagram (www.instagram.com/bissellclean) post by 11:59 p.m. CST each day for a chance to be randomly selected. Potential winners of the 12 Days of Holiday Cleanups Sweepstakes will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. [EA1] Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the 12 Days of Holiday Cleanups Sweepstakes.
6. Submission Requirements: The entry (1) cannot be derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (2) must be original in all respects and must not infringe upon the rights of any third parties; (3) must be received during the Sweepstakes Period and (4) must be relevant to the theme of the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants attest to the fact that their submissions are true, accurate, original and complete. Submissions that do not comply with these requirements may be disqualified, or Sponsor may contact the entrant to fix the problem at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Winners: One (1) comment (see section 10) will be chosen at random each day from 12/1/16 through 12/12/16.
8. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
9. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize in the Sweepstakes is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. All potential Winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by Winners is permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Where lawful, each potential Winner and his/her guest must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and/or a Publicity Release within three (3) days of attempted notification by Sponsor. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential Winner forfeits the prize and an alternate Winner will be selected according to the Judging Criteria.
10. Prizes and their Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”)
- 12/1/16, 12/6/16: SmartClean Robot Vacuum #1974 (ARV:$249.99)
- 12/2/16, 12/9/16, 12/11/16: AirRam Cordless Vacuum #1984 (ARV: $199.99)
- 12/3/16, 12/5/16, 12/7/16, 12/10/16: CrossWave 2-in-1 Hard Floor Cleaner #1785 (ARV: $249.99)
- 12/4/16, 12/12/16: Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum #1650A (ARV: $249.99)
- 12/8/16: SpotBot Pet Portable Carpet Cleaner #33N8A (ARV $149.99)
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period. There is no cash equivalent, and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $2,749.88.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Submission Ownership: As a condition to and in consideration of participation in the Sweepstakes, and whether or not an entrant wins a prize, by submitting a Submission all entrants hereby grant Sponsor and those acting with its authority the exclusive, unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use their name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, and Submission, and, without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape that may be taken of such materials (the foregoing, collectively, the “Content”), without further compensation, consideration, or notice or permission, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, Internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with any advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, or other materials.
15. Rights to Edit and Publish: By submitting a Submission, all entrants agree that Sponsor may revise, edit, or otherwise modify their Submissions at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and may illustrate Submissions with photographs or illustrations or both, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has sole discretion to decide whether, when, and how to publish any Submission.
16. Representations: By submitting a Submission, each entrant represents and warrants that the Submission is such entrant’s original work, is factually correct and accurate, has not previously been published in any form, does not contain any libelous material, does not invade any right of privacy, and does not infringe or violate any copyright or any personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
17. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all the eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the slated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
18. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; [EA2] (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A.
20. Winner List: For the name of the winners (available after December 20, 2016): send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2016 to: BISSELL® 12 Days of Holiday Cleanups Sweepstakes Winner’s List, Olson Engage, Attn: Solveig Hommema, 420 North Fifth Street, Suite 1000, Minneapolis, MN 55401.