If you’re experiencing low or no suction with your CleanView or if the suction indicator at the top of the tan khas turned red, there are a few possible causes. We’ll walk you through them in this video.
- First, make sure your vacuum is turned OFF and unplugged
- Next remove the hose from the top left corner on the back of the vacuum by twisting it to the left.
- Remove any debris you can see that may be clogged in the hose. Use a broomstick handle to remove any clogs you may not be able to see in the hose.
- Check the the hose at the foot of the vacuum too. First remove the brushroll cover and brushroll. Then remove the single screw from the lower hose and check for clogs in this spot.
- Also check the air passageway on the bottom of your vacuum. If you see blockages. If not you can replace the bottom cover and brush
- Check and make sure your Dirt Tank isn’t full. If it is, emptying it could bring back suction.
- A dirty filter can also restrict air flow and cause low suction. To see how to clean filters, watch our “Cleaning Filters” video
- If none of these steps fix your suction issues, visit a BISSELL Authorized Service Center or contact our Consumer Care department.