1. First, check dirt cup to see if it’s too full.
2. Check the pre-motor and HEPA filters for debris. The pre-motor filter is a foam pad found behind the dirt-cup in a clear plastic window labeled “filter.” The HEPA filter is found below the dirt-cup. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The pre-motor filter may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent; only reinstall it when it’s completely dry. The HEPA filter can’t be washed. If it’s dirty, replace it by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/style-18-airetight-hepa-postmotor-filter-2031473
3. Next, check for good, strong suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If there is not good suction at the end of the hose, go to step 4. If there is good suction, follow the steps below:
Make sure the hose is firmly seated into the hose base. If the hose is not seated firmly, there won’t be suction at the floor. The hose requires some force to be fully pushed in. You should hear a snapping sound to let you know it’s connected properly. If the brush isn’t turning or the lower hose (next to the right wheel) is clogged, check our other FAQs for how to troubleshoot these issues.
4. If there is no suction at the end of the hose:
Check for suction at the motor duct, found behind the pre-motor foam filter (see picture below). If there’s no suction here, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
5. If there is suction at the motor duct, check the hose for cracks or holes. If the hose is damaged, you can replace it here: http://canada.bissell.com/hose-assembly-2031485
If there aren’t any, the hose is probably clogged. See our clog-clearing FAQ for further troubleshooting.
6. Check the clear window on the lower back of the vacuum and see if the diverter is in the up position (pictured below). This area should be free of debris. If it’s not, follow the steps below:
To remove the clear diverter window:
a) First, unplug your vacuum
b) Remove hose from machine
c) Unscrew the 3 screws holding the window (pictured below).
d) Next, remove the window, clean out any debris, and wipe off the area.
e) Before screwing down the clear-tube, make sure the lower hose is in position.
f) Securely tighten the 3 screws.
If you still have no suction, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.