1. Check to see if there is suction at the motor-duct under the collection (dirty) tank, pictured below. Place a flat hand over the opening and turn the unit on. If there’s no suction at this duct, please take your Little Green® to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day. If there is suction, please go on to step 2.
2. Check to see if the black “duck bill” gasket is sealed, missing, or installed wrong in the dirty tank. Make sure the gasket will open by squeezing the flat end, and then reinstall it. The tall side of the gasket should be inserted into the curved outer-side of the dirty tank.
3. Lift up the latch that secures the dirty tank while the dirty tank is seated and the Little Green is powered on to check for suction. If there’s no suction, check to see if the float inside the tank freely moves by turning the dirty tank upside-down then back right-side up. If the float doesn’t freely move, you’ll need to replace it. You can order one by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/collection-tank-2037144?productid=14256
4. Next, check if the collection tank latch is locked down securely.
5. Check for suction at the end of the hose with the attachment off. You can remove the attachment by pressing the button right below the leaf logo on the top of the tool. Try suctioning water out of the sink or a cup to make things easier. If there is suction at the end of the hose, go to step 6. If there’s no suction at the end of the hose, go to step 7.
6. If there’s suction at the end of the hose, check the upholstery tool for cracks. If there are cracks, you’ll need to replace the tool. You can order one by clicking here: http://canada.bissell.com/3-tough-stain-tool-2037151?productid=1400B Also, try cleaning the black spray tip on the underside of the attachment with a brush or paperclip.
7. If there’s no suction at the hose, check the hose for clogs by lifting the hose above the unit to allow the water to go into the dirty tank. If water doesn’t go into the tank, please take your Little Green to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.