1. First, make sure the dirt container isn’t full.
2. Make sure the filters are installed correctly. There’s only one way each filter can go into the machine.
3. Make sure the filters are clean. The pre-motor filter is washable in warm water with mild detergent (make sure it’s completely dry before replacing), the post-motor filter isn’t washable. You can replace the filter by clicking here:
4. Make sure there are no clogs in the hose. If the hose is clogged, work the clog loose by massaging the clogged area and/or gently twisting the hose where it’s clogged until the clog works itself free. Also, check the hose for cracks or holes.
5. Make sure the hose is securely attached to the suction opening.
6. If the unit is still blowing dust, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.