Use the following steps if your Pet Hair Eraser® has no or low suction to the floor:
Watch The Video
- The suction knob must be fully turned towards the "floor suction" position to activate strong suction to the floor.
- If there is still no/low suction, remove the dirt tank to check the suction at the motor duct. Remove the dirt tank by pressing the tank release button on the handle of the tank and lifting the tank from the machine.Turn your vacuum on and feel for suction strength at the oval motor duct. If suction is weak, please contact us.
- With the dirt tank still removed, check for clogs in the suction channels.Turn the dirt tank around and check the rectangle opening on the back. Also check the corresponding opening that it connects to on the base of the machine (there should be a rubber gasket surrounding this opening). If one or both channels are clogged, clear the clog.
- The dirt tank should be empty and the pre and post-motor filters should be clean. Over a trash bin, press the tank empty button. If necessary, remove the separator from the dirt tank and wash under warm water. The pieces should be completely dry before reassembly.
- The pre-motor filters are located in the top of the dirt tank. To access the filters, pull the tab on the front of the dirt tank handle. If necessary, wash both filters under warm water and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
- The post-motor filter is located on the body of the machine where the dirt tank sits. To remove, lift up on the pull tab and twist the filter counter-clockwise to the unlock position. DO NOT wash this filter with water. It can be cleaned by tapping it on the side of a trash bin to remove the excess debris.
NOTE: one or more of your filters may need to be replaced.
- If any filters were removed, replace them, reattach the dirt tank, and test for suction.
- If your vacuum still has no/low suction, there may be a clog in your lower hose.
- Unplug your machine and remove the lower hose by firmly grasping it and pulling the hose up at and angle. Inspect the hose for clogs. If a clog is found, a broomstick can be used to push the clog towards the brush roll. The brush access plate can be removed by taking out the 9 silver screws – to remove the debris.
- With the brush access plate still removed, inspect the belt for breakage. If your belt is broken, a new one will need to be ordered. If your belt is in working condition, reattach the brush access plate, set the correct height adjustment and test for suction.
for optimal suction the height adjustment knob located on the foot should be set to match your carpet height.
If your machine still has no/low suction, contact us.
A representative will be happy to assist you.