Use the following steps if your Powerforce® Helix is loud or making excessive noise:
- The dirt tank should be empty and the inner cyclone should be clean. Remove the tank by pressing the “Empty” button located on the handle.
- Over a trash bin, press the empty latch on the bottom back of the dirt tank to empty the tank.
- To remove the inner cyclone, grasp the squared end of the cyclone and twist it to the unlocked position. If necessary, wash the cyclone and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
- With the cyclone still removed, lift up on the "pull for filter" tab on the dirt tank to access the filter.
- Remove the foam filter. If necessary, wash the filter and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
- Replace the cyclone by inserting the tabs into their mating slots in the dirt tank and twisting to the locked position. The cyclone will click into place.
- Replace the filter and snap shut the top and bottom lids of the dirt tank. Test for suction.
- If there is still no or low suction, there may be a clog in the hose.
- Detach the hose where it attaches to the lower hose.
- Detach the other end of the hose from the vacuum and run a broomstick through the entire length of the hose to clear any clogs.
- With the hose still detached, unplug the vacuum and remove the screw on the lower back of the vacuum holding the lower hose in place.
- Pull the lower hose flat to the ground and check for clogs. If a clog is found, insert a broomstick to clear it.
- Reinsert the screw and reattach the long hose.
- To reattach the hose, first attach the clear end by aligning the tabs with their mating slots and twisting right to lock it in place.
- Then, reattach the black end of the hose and test for suction.
If your machine is still loud or making an excessive noise, please contact us. A representative will be happy to assist you.