Use the following steps if your Pet Hair Eraser® brush roll won't turn:
NOTE: the machine must be reclined and the brush roll switch must be turned on to activate the brush roll.
- If your machine's brush roll still won't turn, the Brush Roll Safety Feature may have been triggered.
- With your machine plugged in, look at the clear ring surrounding the height adjustment knob on the foot of the machine.
- If the light has turned red, the Brush Roll Safety Feature has been activated indicating an obstruction or an incorrect height adjustment setting is being used.
NOTE: If you are vacuuming plush or premium soft carpet, set the height adjustment to "high carpet".
- To check for obstructions, unplug, recline, and turn your machine over. Clear any obstructions. Reset the brush roll by returning the vacuum to the upright position.
- If the ring around the height adjustment knob has turned blue, the brush roll and belt will need to be checked for damage.
- To check for damage, unplug, recline, and turn your machine over. Remove the 9 screw on the brush access plate, remove the brush roll and, slide the belt off the metal pulley.
- On a flat surface, hold one end of the brush roll upright and use your other hand to spin the brush roll. If the brush roll does not spin freely, a new brush roll needs to be ordered.
- If the ridges on the belt are worn or the belt is broken, a new belt needs to be ordered.
- If no damage is found to the brush or belt, replace the brush roll and belt.
Watch The Video
- To replace, slide the brush roll back through the belt and pinch the other end of the belt to hook it back around the silver motor gear.
- Line up the end caps of the brush roll and firmly push them back into place.
- Manually rotate the the brush to align the belt. Replace the brush access plate and reinsert the 9 screws. Test to see if your brush roll will turn.
If your brush roll still won't turn, please contact us. A representative will be happy to assist you.