- Please unplug the machine from the outlet.
- Check the dirt cup to make sure it is empty.
- Your vacuum has 3 filters. Check the Upper-Tank, Pre and Post-Motor filters. Dirty filters will restrict air flow. The filters may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Allow them to completely dry prior to reinstalling in the machine. The white Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter is not washable.
- Lift the upholstery hose from the bottom holder. Check for suction at the end of the hose. If there IS good suction at the end of the hose, please unplug your machine from the outlet and try the following:
- Ensure the hose is firmly pressed into the lower hose outlet on the back of the vacuum.
- Check to ensure the brush is rotating. If it is not, remove the plate on the bottom of the vacuum. Check the belt and clean the roller of dirt and debris.
- Check the lower hose for clogs by removing the screw which attaches it and lifting this hose up to clean it out. A broomstick handle can be used to push dirt and debris through. Also, remove the larger hose by twisting it off and using a broomstick handle, push any obstruction through to the other end. If there is NOT good suction at the end of the hose:
- Check for suction at the back of the machine after removing the hose where it attaches. This is removed by twisting the cuff of the hose.
- If there is good suction at the back of the machine, check the hose for cracks or holes. If you need to replace this, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, ET.
If you continue to experience difficulty with your machine, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, go here http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers. Enter your zip code to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #2.