- Make sure the dirt cup is empty.
- Make sure the dirt cup is installed correctly. There should not be any gaps between dirt cup and upper tank.
- Check the separator grill for any debris.
- Check the motor duct for suction. This is located under the pre-motor filter. If there is no suction at the motor duct, we recommend taking your machine to a local Bissell service center.
- Check the pre-motor foam filter. The filter must be clean. This can be hand washed with mild soap. Make sure the filter is completely dry before reinstalling.
- Check the end of the flex hose for suction. If there is no suction, take a broom stick and run it through the hose to push any debris out from the hose.
- If there is suction at the hose, remove the foot from the machine. Then straighten the foot connector and look through the suction path. You may need to shake the foot to remove any debris that may be clogging the unit. If there is still no suction, please call Bissell Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.ET.
If you continue to experience low suction, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. The warranty on your machine is one year. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
To contact Consumer Services by phone, please call us at 800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.