- Check the pre-motor filter tray underneath the dirt cup is installed correctly and the filter is in place in the tray.
- Check the Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter on the side of the machine is in place. Make sure it is installed correctly with the filter grill snapped into place.
- Check the dirt container is assembled correctly. To assemble properly, hold the carry handle and place the upper portion into the lower portion, lining up the front and back latches. Push down until both latches click into place.
- Check the hose is installed as it should be. You want the hose wand to be fully seated in the base and the foot hose properly attached to the diverter area.
- Check there are no cracks or holes in the hose. If necessary, replace this hose.
If you continue to experience difficulty with the machine blowing dust, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.