Use the following steps if your PowerGroom®/CleanView® Canister Vac is blowing dust:
- Locate the post-motor filter on the back of the vacuum. Press down on the filter door tab to remove door.
- Clear away any debris build up on and around the filter. Reattach the filter door.
- Remove the dirt tank by pressing the release button and lifting the tank away from the machine.
- Over a trash bin, press the empty latch on the back of the tank. Snap shut the bottom lid.
- Separate the top handle from the bottom tank by grasping the carry handle and the base of the dirt tank. Twist the carry handle counterclockwise.
- Grasp the filter handle and lift it out of the dirt tank.
- To separate the filter pieces, twist the filter handle counterclockwise while grasping the base of the outer cyclone.
- Next, twist the filter handle counterclockwise while grasping the base of the inner cyclone. Clear away any debris build up. If necessary, wash pieces and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
DO NOT wash filter. To clean, tap on side of trash bin.
- To reassemble, align tabs on the filter piece with their mating slots on the inner cyclone and twist clockwise.
- Do the same to connect the inner and outer cyclone pieces. Reinsert pieces into the dirt tank. The filter should sit level.
the filter will not sit level if the tabs on the front are not aligned.
- Reattach the top lid to the dirt tank by aligning the clear notch with the slot on the top lid. The clear notch should point towards unlocked. Twist clockwise to lock.
- Reattach the dirt tank to the machine and power on.
If your machine is still blowing dust, please contact us. A representative will be happy to assist you.