1) First let’s check the red lint screen in the dirty water tank for debris. Any buildup can make the motor overheat and thereby “trip” a breaker.
2) Is there any damage to the cord? Unplug the cord before checking it. If so, please take your SpotClean to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking
http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
3) Is the machine plugged into an extension cord? If so, remove the extension cord and try the machine in another outlet.
4) Check the amp limit of circuit breakers. If you’re using a 12 amp machine and the circuit breakers are 10 amps and already overloaded, the circuit may keep “tripping” if additional appliances are plugged into the
same circuit. If nothing else is plugged into the circuit, there is a good chance it will not “trip.”
6) We’ve done our homework and we’ve found that most homes contain 15-20 amp circuit breakers. If you continue having problems with a machine and the amperage of your circuit breakers have the standard 15-
20 amp service rating, please take the unit to an authorized service center to have a certified technician inspect the unit. (See instructions above.)