Use the following steps if your Powerforce® Helix is blowing dust:
- The dirt tank should be empty and the filter should be clean. Remove the tank by pressing the “Empty” button located on the handle.
- Over a trash bin, press the empty latch on the bottom back of the dirt tank to empty the tank.
- Lift up on the "pull for filter" tab on the dirt tank to access the filter.
- Remove the foam filter and, if necessary, wash the filter and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
NOTE: all components of the dirt tank can be washed but they must be allowed to completely dry before reassembly.
NOTE: If you own the red Powerforce® Helix, check the post-motor filter. It is located on the base of the machine where the dirt tank sits. Lift up on the grey pull tab and remove the filter. If necessary, clear away debris build-up and wash the filter. Allow the filter to completely dry before reassembly.
- Replace the filter and snap shut the top and bottom lids of the dirt tank.
- Detach the hose where it attaches to the lower hose.
- Detach the other end of the hose by twisting left and pulling out. Run a broomstick through the entire length of the hose to clear any clogs.
- Stretch the entire length of the hose section by section to inspect for holes or cracks. Also inspect the lower hose for holes or cracks. If a hole or crack is found, a new hose needs to be ordered.
- Next, inspect both ends of the hose for cracks in the plastic. If a crack is found, a new hose needs to be ordered.
- If necessary, wash the hose and allow to completely dry before reassembly.
- With the longer hose still removed, remove the screw holding the lower hose in place.
- Pull the lower hose flat to the ground and inspect for clogs.
- If a clog is found, run a broomstick through the hose to clear it.
- Reinsert the screw and reattach the long hose.
- To reattach the long hose, first align the tabs on the clear end with their mating slots and twist right to lock in place.
- Then, reattach the black end of the hose and turn your machine on.
If your machine is still blowing dust, please contact us. A representative will be happy to assist you.