1. Just to be safe, unplug the cord on your cleaner, and check entire length of power cord for damage. If the power cord is damaged in any way, take your cleaner to an authorized service center (details below).
2. Make sure that the outlet you’re using works with other electronic devices.
3. Check to see that the upper handle is fully inserted into the cleaner. If it’s not, there won’t be a connection.
4. If this doesn’t work, with the power cord still unplugged, remove the upper handle. To remove the upper handle, remove the two tool clips (the two plastic pieces that hold the hose and attachments) and unscrew the four screws in the back. Then, pull the handle out toward you and look for the wire harness. This is a white piece of plastic—be sure it matches the correct picture below.
5. If you’re still stuck, at this point it might be best to take your cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
Still need help? Please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!