1. First, make sure the carpet cleaner is reclined. The ProHeat 2X Series’ brushes turn only if the whole cleaner is reclined. The unit is “reclined” if you’ve pressed the foot lever and you can move the handle up and down with the base staying flush with the floor. If the machine is fully upright, the brushes will not turn.
2. If the carpet cleaner is reclined and the brushes still don’t turn, check to see if anything has been caught in the brushes or if they’ve been damaged.
3. Next, unplug the cleaner and check to see if brush belts are intact. You can see these in the base of the cleaner by looking through the clear window. There’s one on each side, a shorter belt on the non-cord side and a longer one on the cord side. The short belt should hook over the motor-pulley and attach to the gear on the end of the brush. The long belt should connect the two brushes together.
4. If the belts are connected correctly, unplug your machine and try turning the brushes by hand. If they turn, plug the unit back in and try again.
5. If you are still stuck, at this point it might be best to take your Pro Heat 2X into a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://canada.bissell.com/support/product-support/service-centers or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
If you still need help, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!