- Ensure the bare floor tool is not attached at the base.
- Check for debris in the red rectangular gasket at the motor intake underneath the collection tank and remove as needed. (Gasket may be black on older models.)
- Check for suction at the motor intake.
- Ensure the collection tank is installed according to the directions in your QuickSteamer carpet cleaner User's Guide, and make sure it is secured by the latches at the side of the tank. Also, be sure the tank is not full of dirty water; if so, empty the dirty water, refill the clean watertank and make sure the collection tank is empty.
- Check the foam filter in the collection tank for debris and clean as needed.
- Ensure the floor nozzle is not damaged, clean of debris and is installed properly.
If there is no suction, please take your carpet cleaner to a local Bissell Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest Bissell Authorized Service Center, click here. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.