There are a few steps you can take to try and troubleshoot this yourself.
- Make sure the Dirt Tank is empty.
- Check the Inner and Outer Circular Filters and the Post-Motor Filter for debris. Also check the Upper Tank Louvers (this is a grey plastic piece that looks like a filter) since they may need to be rinsed. The filters can be hand-washed in warm water and mild soap. Make sure they’re completely dry before reusing.
- Check for good suction at the end of the Upholstery Hose. If there’s good suction, make sure the hose is firmly connected to the lower hose on the back of the vacuum.
- Check to see if Brush Roll is rotating. If not, remove the access panel by unscrewing the five screws under your machine. If a new belt is needed, you can order one through BISSELL Consumer Care (see below).
- Check the back of the machine after removing the hose where it attaches to the back of the vacuum. If there’s suction, it’s likely your machine is clogged.
- Check the Upper Hose for clogs by detaching the hose form the machine. Put a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction.
If problems continue, visit your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, you can find the location by clicking here. You can also call 1-800-237-7691 and chose option #1.