Most people want a clean home, but not everyone has the time to regularly scrub their homes from top to bottom. Fortunately, homeowners can tackle a short daily cleaning checklist that will keep their homes in order and make them feel welcoming.
- Do the dishes: A sink full of dirty dishes creates an instant “yuck” factor. Empty the dishwasher and clean any dishes in the sink daily, if not after every meal, to keep the kitchen clear.
- Make the bed: A tidy bed can make the rest of the bedroom seem neater and more pulled together. Make the bed every morning for an instant room makeover.
- Vacuum and sweep: Each day, vacuum and sweep high-traffic areas in the home, like the kitchen and living room, to clear up dirt, crumbs and hair. For added “oomph” to vacuuming carpets, use Febreze™ Carpet Deodorizing Powders. Just sprinkle the powder on carpets, wait for a few minutes and vacuum as usual. The powder cleans up to three times better than vacuuming alone*, eliminates odors and leaves behind a light, fresh scent.
- Scrub the bathroom sink: Bathroom sinks and countertops take a hit from left-behind residues like toothpaste and soap scum. Wipe down bathroom countertops, sinks and faucets to minimize the mess.
- Clear the clutter: Take the time to put items back where they belong, arrange books and magazines, pick up dirty clothes, and fluff and straighten throw pillows.
Febreze, Hawaiian Aloha and Thai Dragon Fruit are trademarks of The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, used under license by BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
*Cleaning results based upon measurements of color reflectance and brightness of carpet fibers.