If you find that your machine is having trouble picking up the cleaning solution, the following tips may help.
- Make sure your machine is off and unplugged
- You may have poor positioning of the tool on the upholstery or carpet. Reposition the tool on the surface and tilt the nozzle forward for better suction
- Clean smaller areas when cleaning upholstery as it will absorb the water and solution quicker than carpeting
- Also, the dirty water tank may be full. Empty the dirty water tank, make sure the float stack is securely locked in place with the arrow lined up to the lock symbol
- Make sure the dirty water tank plug is firmly in place on top, and the black duck-bill gasket is in place on the bottom before replacing the tank
- Now, check for any cracks or clogs in the hose. With the tool removed, try suctioning water from a cup. Lift the tool and point upwards to allow all the water in the hose to flow into the dirty water tank
- Lastly, remove the dirty water tank and check for suction in the rectangular opening. If there is no suction, take the unit to an authorized service center to have a Quality technician inspect
We hope these tips have helped. If you are still having issues, please contact consumer care.