- Run the palm of your hand down the entire length of the power cord to inspect for damage
- Check to see if both prongs are intact or damaged.
- If the cord or plug is damaged, please take it to an Authorized Service Center.
- If the cord is not damaged, plug the unit into a grounded outlet.
- If that doesn’t resolve the issue, try plugging in a different small device, such as a cell phone charger or a night light to check that the outlet is working.
- Using multiple outlets in one zone of your home may exceed the amperage and trip the circuit breaker.
- You may need to use an outlet in a different zone of your home or reset the breaker and unplug additional devices.
Hopefully this solved the “no power” issue.