If you need to perform any maintenance on the vacuum belt, these steps will help.
- First, make sure the vacuum is unplugged.
- Place the vacuum upside down with the brush roll facing upwards.
- Remove the 5 screws using a Phillips screwdriver
- Lift off the brush cover and grasp the floor brush at both ends to lift it out
- Check the drive belt carefully for wear, cuts and stressed areas. If the drive belt appears worn, replace as needed
- Test the brushroll by holding one end and spinning. It should spin several revolutions smoothly with one flick. If not, the brushroll will need to be replaced
- To replace the old belt, grasp and remove from the motor shaft to discard. Loop the new drive belt over the motor shaft and stretch the other end over the floor brush in the space provided between the bristles
- When finished, align the brush roll with the belt turning by hand several times in the direction of the motor to align the belt on the floor brush.
- Lastly, replace the brush cover and 5 screws using a Philips screw driver
That’s it! We hope you found these tips useful and you can get back to cleaning.