Our Commitment to Consumers
We are working hard to navigate this ever-changing situation to provide our consumers with the service and support they expect. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through solutions to best address consumer needs. We are currently experiencing high product demand and an increase in consumer care inquiries which may result in delays. Additionally, some of our products are selling out as noted on product pages. We’re doing everything we can to produce and replenish stock quickly so you can receive the products you need to help keep your home clean.
Due to high demand and the observance of social distancing at our distribution centers, most Machines/Formulas may take up to 4-6 business days and Parts may take up to 7-10 business days to be delivered.
Questions? Visit the BISSELL support portal
How We Are Helping
BISSELL is donating 1.8 million filters for protective masks for healthcare workers. We are committed to serving the global community in which we operate, which is why we are partnering with health systems and manufacturers to donate proprietary vacuum bag material to make nearly 1.8 million mask filters for frontline healthcare workers across our communities.
In partnership with other companies that have stepped up to produce the high-demand supplies needed by healthcare workers right now, we are donating the material to enhance mask filtration and offer increased protection to those who need it most. We first partnered with another West Michigan-based global company, Wolverine Worldwide’s Chaco brand, a lifestyle footwear brand, which is producing reusable, cloth masks within its Rockford, Mich. facility. Chaco’s design, along with our filter material, will offer protection where N95 masks are in limited supply for healthcare workers. These masks will include five filters per mask and will be donated immediately to regional hospitals serving Michigan.
“Our partnership is a testament to the importance of coming together as a community in support of our local healthcare workers.”
— Mark Bissell, CEO
When we recognized the critical need for masks and our ability to leverage an existing supply of filter material, we immediately began to explore this concept. It was discovered that our vacuum bags are constructed with synthetic filter material as used in N95 masks. To verify the effectiveness, we enlisted SGS-IBR Laboratories Inc., a world leader in state-of-the-art filter testing and particle counting, to conduct testing against medical mask standards. The results indicated that the vacuum bags met the breathability and particle filtration efficiency requirements of filter material qualified for use in medical masks.
We praise the companies that have stepped up to retrofit manufacturing operations to produce the high-demand materials needed by healthcare workers right now. We are proud to partner with these companies by donating material to enhance masks, providing a filtration solution that will offer increased protection to those who need it most.
Our Commitment to Our Associates
With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve across the globe, we are monitoring developments and recommendations regarding Associate and facility safety across BISSELL’s global locations, and have implemented a variety of practices, including:
- We have moved to a work-from-home arrangement for Associates who are able to and will continue this arrangement as long as necessary.
- Operations at our production facilities are classified within the “critical infrastructure” category so our employees who are essential in making products for consumers to keep their homes clean continue to report to work. At these locations we’ve implemented a number of safety practices, such as:
- Visual management of 6-foot spacing for entry into the facility
- Screening and temperature checks upon entrance for all Associates
- Protective masks issued to all entrants on a daily basis
- Each work area is cleaned daily and provided with disinfectant cleaner
- Disinfectant fogging taking place every other day
Frequently Asked Questions
For media inquiries, please contact: PR@bissell.com
For mask manufacturers interested in partnering with BISSELL to donate filtration material, please contact: email@example.com
* We are only able to partner with other companies (versus individuals) at this time and we are prioritizing donations to frontline healthcare workers.