If you are experiencing trouble with your vacuum picking up well, you may need to check the brush and belt. We’ll guide you through the process. You will need a Phillips screwdriver.
- Start by turning off and unplugging your machine
- Lay the vacuum down to expose the brush roll.
- Use your Phillips screwdriver to remove the 6 screws holding the brush cover.
- Then lift the brush cover off the vacuum
- Grab both ends of the brush and lift straight out of the vacuum. Then slip the brush off the belt
- Remove the belt from the motor pulley if needed
- To inspect the brush roll, set it on its end and spin it by flicking it once. If it doesn’t spin freely it is time to replace your brush roll.
- Inspect your belt, if it is broken or damaged it will need to be replaced.
- Place the new belt over the motor pulley and stretch the other end over the brush roll
- Replace the brush roll by placing the belt-side of the brush in first, then turning the other end until it slides into place
- When the brush roll is in, turn it to align the belt
- Then replace the bottom cover and reinsert the 6 screws using your Phillips screwdriver.
These few steps should ensure your brush & belt are working properly