While everyone loves a good party, especially during the spring and summer months, the party can seem like more of a chore for hosts who have the dreaded task of cleaning once the fun is done. But with a few simple party prep and cleaning tips, party hosts can have more fun knowing they’ll be dealing with less mess after the final guest has gone home.
- Trash talk: Instead of using bulky trash bins, line collapsible laundry hampers with garbage bags and place them around the party. These will work just as well as regular bins, but they’ll be easier to store until the next big event.
- Clear the way: Guests can track outside dirt, food crumbs and other particles into the house, so it’s important to vacuum high-traffic areas. To maximize the effects of vacuuming on carpets, use Febreze™ Carpet Deodorizing Powders. Simply sprinkle the powder on carpets before vacuuming, wait for a few minutes and then vacuum as usual. The powder cleans up to three times better than vacuuming alone*, eliminates odors and leaves behind a light, fresh scent.
- Wax on, wax off: It’s tough to clean out candleholders once the wax has melted down. To keep the wax from sticking, spray the inside of candleholders with cooking spray before setting the candle inside. The wax will easily slip out when it’s time to clean up.
- Flower power: Grime can build up in the hard-to-reach areas of vases, making it difficult to keep them sparkling. After the party, dispose of the leftover water. Fill the vase with clean warm water and add two antacid tablets. Let the mixture sit for a moment, swirl the water and rinse out the vase.
- Turn the tables: Cut white parchment or butcher paper to size and place on top of each tablecloth. The paper will catch any food, and the waxy underside will help prevent any minor spills from leaking through to the tablecloth, meaning there’s less chance of ruining table linens with food and drink stains.
Febreze, Hawaiian Aloha and Thai Dragon Fruit are trademarks of The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, used under license by BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
*Cleaning results based upon measurements of color reflectance and brightness of carpet fibers.