Here’s the scoop on me... do I care about football? Not really. Do I like to watch the Big Game? Yes. Do I like to watch the Puppy Bowl? DEFINITELY YES. What’s better than watching a bunch of cute puppies playing on a mini football field for a few hours? Oh, and I should mention all of the “players” in this year’s game are up for adoption – a cause everyone at BISSELL is proud to get behind.
While I don’t really care about football, I like the Big Game because it’s a great excuse to get together with friends on a Sunday, eat delicious food, drink a few beers and just have fun. But there’s a much more important game before the big show – The Puppy Bowl. This game is a wonderful and adorable excuse to “tailgate” for the main event and it’s a way to involve the kids in a day that can sometimes seem very adult-focused.
BISSELL has a long-standing partnership with Puppy Bowl and is bringing the MVP award to the show this year. Puppy Bowl XVI airs Sunday, February 2 at 3 p.m. EST/12 p.m. PST on Animal Planet. There is still plenty of time to plan your own Puppy Bowl PAWty. Below you’ll find a few ideas that may help kickstart your planning!
- Puppy Chow. This is a crowd pleaser at any party, so serving it at a Puppy Bowl party is a no-brainer.
- Pups in a Blanket. These are our twist on Pigs in a Blanket. It’s the same recipe, just a name that’s more on brand!
- Chocolate “Bark”. You can really put your own spin on this. I like to add candy cane pieces to mine and make it peppermint bark.
- Simple Snacks. Use cookie cutters to cut cheese in the shapes of bones and dogs.
- “Pup-erroni” Rolls. These are always a huge hit at my house.
- Make or buy special pet treats for your furry friend – they should get to feel special today, too!
- Mix football and puppy decorations.
- Grab a few football-themed dog toys from the pet store if you’re having your friends bring their dogs over.
- Make dog headbands for everyone to wear. Kids would love to do this!
- Play pin the tail on the puppy. Use different colored pieces of felt to make the tails, so you can tell whose is whose!
- Set up a collar decorating station complete with hot glue guns, jewels for making a bedazzled princess-themed collar, glitter for that extra sparkle and any other fun craft supplies you can think of – the more options the merrier!
- Paint paper plates to look like puppies. Offer bonus points to artists who make their plate look like their own dog.
- Have everyone guess who the BISSELL MVP will be and have a special treat planned for those who win.
- Have your guests fill out Puppy Bowl Trading Cards before they arrive so they can trade with other guests
When the PAWty is over, “doggie bags” are a very cute way to send your guests off. Fill them with candy, dog treats, and one of my favorite stain tacklers, Stomp n’ Go. Once all the guests leave, if you’re like me, you’ll want to clean up right away. If you don’t already work this way, I suggest trying it out. It’s so easy! When everyone leaves, I’ll grab my vacuum, do the dishes, fluff the pillows and tidy the house. Then, everything is clean and ready to go when we wake up Monday morning. No Puppy Bowl “hangovers” here!
All this talk of the Puppy Bowl has me excited about hosting a PAWty this year. Be sure to take photos of your Puppy Bowl party and tag @BISSELLclean on Instagram.
About Alissandra: Alissandra Bissell offers expert tips on topics, like cleaning, home organizing and general lifestyle. As a fifth generation Bissell, she has grown up in the floorcare industry and has a passion for all things clean. With three kids and three dogs she offers helpful tips so that busy families and pet parents can spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying life’s everyday moments.