Here’s the scoop on me... do I care about football? Not really. Do I like to watch the Big Game? Yes. Do I like to watch the Puppy Bowl? DEFINITELY YES. What’s better than watching a bunch of cute puppies playing on a mini football field for a few hours? Oh, and I should mention all of the “players” in this year’s game are up for adoption – a cause everyone at BISSELL is proud to get behind.
While I don’t really care about football, I like the Big Game because it’s a great excuse to get together with friends on a Sunday, eat delicious food, drink a few beers and just have fun. But there’s a much more important game before the big show – The Puppy Bowl. This game is a wonderful and adorable excuse to “tailgate” for the main event and it’s a way to involve the kids in a day that can sometimes seem very adult-focused.
BISSELL has a long-standing partnership with Puppy Bowl and is bringing the MVP award to the show this year. Puppy Bowl XVI airs Sunday, February 2 at 3 p.m. EST/12 p.m. PST on Animal Planet. There is still plenty of time to plan your own Puppy Bowl PAWty. Below you’ll find a few ideas that may help kickstart your planning!
- Puppy Chow. This is a crowd pleaser at any party, so serving it at a Puppy Bowl party is a no-brainer.
- Pups in a Blanket. These are our twist on Pigs in a Blanket. It’s the same recipe, just a name that’s more on brand!
- Chocolate “Bark”. You can really put your own spin on this. I like to add candy cane pieces to mine and make it peppermint bark.
- Simple Snacks. Use cookie cutters to cut cheese in the shapes of bones and dogs.
- “Pup-erroni” Rolls. These are always a huge hit at my house.
- Make or buy special pet treats for your furry friend – they should get to feel special today, too!
- Mix football and puppy decorations.
- Grab a few football-themed dog toys from the pet store if you’re having your friends bring their dogs over.
- Make dog headbands for everyone to wear. Kids would love to do this!