Rated 2 out of 5 by JB Disappointed
I'm very disappointed with this product. I'll list the pros and cons of my experience...
1. Arrived quickly, within a week.
2. Easy assembly. The cloth was already in place so I didn't have to do much for the first use. I simply connected the top part of the unit to the floor tray.
3. Nice size water compartment so it seems I could potentially steam at least 2 rooms before having to fill up.
4. The cord is a nice length so I was able to use it without changing plugs in the kitchen and moving toward one of the bedrooms.
1. The first day I had the unit I wasn't able to use it because I couldn't get the the cover to the water compartment open. I actually asked 2 other ppl to help me because simply pressing the buttons on each side was not opening the unit, so I thought maybe I just didn't have enough strength in my hands. They couldn't get it open either. We didn't want to pull to hard and tear anything up. I finally had to press the buttons on the side in and use a butter knife at the top to push it open.
2. Steam doesn't appear to get very hot at all. After my other steamer passes a section of floor I can touch it and feel the warmth. With this unit, it's cold to the touch immediately after passing over a section.
3. The floor still takes minutes to dry instead of drying quickly from hot steam
4. The vacuum part doesn't seem to pick up very well by itself and is almost nonexistent when I press the steam button at the same time.
5. The steam cloth seems to get soaking wet very quickly and once this happens it appears to just push the dirt making it soggy and creating more of a mess to clean up.
6. After the above happens it seems like you're just pushing wet dirt and this starts to cause streaking on the floor. I have an off white tile in the kitchen, back of the house so this creates a bigger problem.
7. It may be just my own thoughts, but the machine is a lot louder than I thought it would be, pretty much on the same noise level as a regular vacuum.
8. The button to recline the handle and to remove the bottom plate can be easily confused causing you to remove it during cleaning.
9. The bottom plate is easily dislodged if you hit an uneven surface.
I purchased and used the distilled water like the company suggests and followed the instructions for the first use, holding the steam button to prime to machine before using. So all in all, dissatisfaction is where I landed with this.
January 28, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by J Wonderful
Iv ordered the whole pack including spot steamer. Iv steamed the stove, walls floors cabinets even the scentsy wax off my wall! I love! my only complaint is it's hard to push. maybe not enough wheels. I do take into consideration if it had more wheels for easy pushing, I may not be able get the gunk off my floors as fast or easy. The price is way high but I had a steam mop for five years so im hoping/ thinking this steamer mop vac with last a lot longer! Id recommend to anyone! Also buy another one for sure!
January 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Andrea S. BEST INVESTMENT EVER
I am a boutique owner and manager with such a busy schedule, having to use a swifter duster, broom, dustpan and mop was extremely time consuming. Not to mention that dirt and debris could still be found on the floors even after I did all of the cleaning.
After much debate, I finally decided to purchase the BIssell Symphony. I had decided if I was going to spend all of that time and money, I might as well invest it in a product that can save me time.
WIthin 2 days of ordering, I received my Bissell Symphony. It was halfway put together and all I had to do was place the top into the bottom and fill the water tank for the steam mop. Seriously, it was that simple.
After plugging it in and fiddling with the buttons, I immediately understood how to use it. After previously purchasing another similar product that was so difficult to understand how to use, I was over the moon with the ease of using the Symphony.
Then I put it to the test. I vacuumed and steam mopped the entire store (2000 sq feet). During my cleaning, I never once got tired or sore from the weight. Furthermore, I could physically see how well the product was working. It absolutely amazed me.
My investment has paid off! Now I just need to convince my husband to allow me to buy another one for our own home. Whoever invented this was ingenious and has made me a very happy person and business woman!!
I'd gladly meet with a Bissell representative so that you can capture the footage of the benefits of the Symphony in a work setting such as a boutique or small store!!!
January 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Coach Awesome Product
Love the fact that it sweeps and steams floors at the same time. I use it on my hardwood, vinyl, and tile floors. It makes the floors shine without using chemicals.
January 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Buster34 Quick, easy
I received as a gift, and what a gift! Having disabilities, my floors were washed every month or so. With a small indoor dog, there were always paw prints, or drool drops since I couldn't clean the floors enough to keep up.
Now, vacuuming and steaming together keeps them shiny! The vacuum picked up all the loose needles from the Christmas tree, which other vacuums didn't do.
The small steamer has come in handy as well. Its truly been great having this!
My dog isn't running now when I clean. He likes to watch, the noise doesn't frighten him or bother his hearing.
January 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mary.M WA. Mary m.was.
I'm 60 and disabled,got your Bissell Symphony and I can say it helped me clean my home without someone having to help.It does everything it says it does.I own a Shark Vac. Plus their steam mop and this product does a bare foot job.Thank you Bissell for helping me to do the job by myself.
January 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by peggyscc Awesome steamer
I got this for Christmas, I absolutely LOVE it!!! I show it off when I can. It make cleaning the house a quick and easy task. This is a new house (bought a year ago) and I haven't been able to keep the floors clean. The dirt and dust from the gravel gets tracked in. I used this the first time, very easy to get set up and use. It cleaned these floors 10x better than a mop and my other powerful steamer. It dries as super fast and cleans really well!!
January 1, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nisca55 Does what it says.....
They had to try this as soon as they got it home and they just love it!! I mentioned it had 2 in 1 deal & no need for so many other cleaning devices now. Happy cleaning to all!
December 31, 2014