Please try the following technique to get your machine working properly:
- Remove the handle screw located on the back of the unit in the center near the on/off switch.
- Remove the handle from the machine and re-install the water tank to see if the unit still leaks without the handle installed.
If the unit does not leak, the handle on your machine may have become misaligned.
Please try the following tip when reinstalling the handle and screw:
- Place the handle on the unit.
- Next, depress the foot lever and lay the machine down to the floor, then turn it over so that the screw hole is facing up toward the ceiling.
- Drop the screw into the screw hole and tighten it. (It may be necessary to apply moderate force while tightening the screw.)
If the unit continues to spray or leak when the handle is removed, please contact your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Center tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box on the right of the page to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.