Here are some troubleshooting suggestions to get your machine to spray again:
- Make sure that you have poured the clean water and BISSELL formula into the outer tank of the machine. This outer tank is filled through the opening where the measuring cup is stored. The large central tank in the machine is only used for the collection of dirty water.
- Be certain that you have the siphon tube inserted into the hole next to the measuring cup. The elbow shaped piece must be connected to the top of the power unit. (If you do not see the hole to connect this piece, you may have the lid on backwards) Also, make sure the filter on the end of the siphon tube is clean.
- Try turning on both the suction and spray switches and holding the trigger down for 2 minutes.
- Check to make sure the spray-tip on the floor nozzle is not clogged. You may need to clean it with a paper clip.
- If you have checked all of the above, please try the following technique.
- Disconnect the flexible vacuum hose from the grip and trigger assembly.
- Unscrew the solution hose from the power unit.
- Place the disconnected end of the vacuum hose over the threaded outlet where the solution hose was attached. Cup your hands around the vacuum hose to form a seal.
- Turn on both the spray and suction switches for 45 seconds. After 45 seconds, shut off both switches and release the vacuum hose from the threaded outlet.
- Turn on just the spray switch. Now you should see water coming out of the threaded outlet. If water does not come out of the outlet, please contact a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center for assistance with your machine.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, go to the BISSELL Homepage; http://www.bissell.com. Select the Customer Service tab at the top center of the page. Now select Service Centers from the column on the left. Enter your zip code to perform your search. To locate a Service Center by phone, please call 1-800-237-7691 and choose option #1. This service is available 24 hours a day. For more information, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services by calling 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.