- Check for liquid in the Clean Water tank & the SmartMix tank. Both must contain fluid for the machine to spray properly.
- Unit may have lost prime. To prime, hold the trigger in for 30 seconds with the unit turned off and toggle the SmartMix Knob from Water Only to High Traffic three times. Leave knob on High Traffic, turn unit on, and hold the trigger for two minutes to check for spray.
- Check the pump for power by turning the power switch to the “I” setting. The pump should produce an audible “whining” or “ buzzing” sound. If no noise is evident, please contact an Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
- Check the valve on the bottom of the Tank(s) to make sure liquid will come through when the “X” valve is depressed. If not, soak cap inserts in hot tap water for 30 minutes.
- Check trigger for tension. If there is no tension, the handle screws might be improperly aligned. Remove and reinstall handle/screws. If handle is broken at the seam line (located below the uppermost set of screws), please contact an Authorized Service Center for additional assistance. If the handle is broken above the uppermost set of screws, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care for more options by calling 1-800-237-7691.
- Check for spray through the hose with the attachment off. If the hose sprays, check for debris on the spray tips located on the bottom of the machine behind the brush. Clean with soft brush (an old tooth brush works well).
If you continue to experience difficulty, please take your machine to an Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.canada.bissell.com under the Contact Customer Care tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #2.