- Make sure the dirt container is empty.
- Check the inner and outer circular filters and the post-motor filter for debris. Also check the upper tank louvers, as they may need to be rinsed. The filters can be hand washed in warm tap water and mild soap. Make sure they are completely dry before reusing.
- Check for good suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If there is good suction, make sure the hose is firmly connected to the lower hose on the back of the vacuum.
- Check the brush to see if it is rotating. If not, remove the access panel by removing the 5 screws under your machine. If a new belt is needed, this can be ordered by calling Bissell Consumer Services at 1-800- 237-7691, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-10 :00 P.M. ET. Saturday 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Check the back of the machine after removing the hose where it attaches to the back of the vacuum. If there is suction, most likely there is a clog in your machine.
- Check the upper hose for clogs by detaching the hose from the machine. Push a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction through the end of the hose. If you are still having difficulty with your machine, please take your vacuum to a local Bissell service center.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.