We’re sorry you are experiencing no steam while using your Steam&Sweep. Please follow these steps below to try to remedy any concerns with the machine.
Please do not use vinegar or other cleaning solutions in your steam product. Use of demineralized or distilled water is recommended for optimal performance. Ambient tap water can also be used in your steam product.
- Ensure the trigger has tension by checking for it to ‘spring back’ when depressed. If the handle does not have tension, please unplug the unit, remove the water filter & tank from the back of the machine and proceed to remove & re-install the handle.
- Check the filter for any cracks or damage. If cracks or pitting is present, a new filter will need to be ordered. Please visit http://www.bissell.com/parts to place an order.
- Check the color of the filter grains. Filter grains should be green. If filter grains are blue, a new filter needs to be ordered. Please visit http://www.bissell.com/parts to place an order.
- Ensure the filter is seated properly on the body of the machine. If the filter is not lined up straight, please remove & re-install the filter.
- Ensure the water tank is full of ambient tap, distilled or demineralized water. Do not use vinegar or other cleaning solutions in your steam product. If tank is empty, refill & seat properly on the back of machine.
- Plug the machine in & check that the blue ‘Ready Light’ is illuminated on the front of the machine. If the light does not illuminate after a few minutes, unplug machine & try a different outlet to ensure the machine is plugged into a functioning outlet. If the light does not illuminate after several outlets are tried, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care.
- Check for steam by removing the water tank & filter from machine and pouring a small amount of water in the receiver area for the male connector on the filter. With the trigger depressed for 2 minutes, check if water dissipates and the machine begins to steam.
- If the machine does not steam after this step is performed, remove the mop foot and press the trigger to check for steam at the base of the machine.
- If the machine does not steam with the mop foot removed, clean the spray tip area by inserting a paper clip into the hole. If the machine continues to not steam, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care.
- If the machine does steam with the mop head removed, the mop foot may be clogged. Pour white vinegar through the hole in the mop foot to clean it out. Do not run vinegar or any other cleaning solutions through the machine via the water tank.
- Re-assemble the mop foot. Attach the filter and water tank and depress the trigger to check for steam. A soft ‘knocking sound’ may occur when the trigger is depressed. This sound is normal as the machine is trying to pull water through the pump & filter. It should subside after a few minutes.
For all other questions or concerns please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691, Monday- Friday 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. or Sunday 10 a.m.- 7 p.m. EST & a representative would gladly assist you.