Rated 4 out of 5 by Jim426 Easily tips over
We have been using this model for a year or more now and overall it does a good job removing dirt and pet hair. It is rather loud but not unbearable. The biggest problem we have is when using the extension hose the unit is very easy to tip over when the hose is extended. The hose is very short and has caused the upright to whack my wife in the back on more than one occasion. There doesn't seem to be an extension hose available to make the attached hose longer.
August 16, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pamela And Cat's Better Choice
On 10/26/2013 I purchased this Vacuum which I am hoping will last longer than my prior choice with Bissell. My prior was a Model 6585 PowerForce Turbo Bagless Upright Vacuum. I need a Vacuum that will allow me to clean up after 3 cats, their hair and litter. I clean out the Dirt container every other day & the filters get cleaned every other week. So I don't neglect my Vacuum, but it is used daily.
Here's hoping that I made a wiser Choice.
January 1, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Brittani Good vacuum!
I've had this vacuum for about a year now. It's suction is still good, and it cleans just as well as when I bought it. The only downside I've found is that it clogs pretty easily. Not a huge deal, we just unclog it and it works well again. The foot hose is a little tough to remove to unclog but I've only had to do that once. Good product overall.
December 11, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Missy2 Displeased consumer
This vacuum is the worst. It does not pickup pet hair or the dust & dirt in the carpet. I have checked and cleaned the filters and hose per the directions and still it will not pick up. If my husband had not thrown away the receipt it would be returned to the store. It is so disappointing I will not buy anything Bissell for fear that I will be wasting my money!!!
November 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Housetb06 Decent But Not The Best
Bought this vacuum to replace my 2 year old Shark vac that had seen better days. I needed something comparable to that but not as expensive. After tons of research and comparing prices, I went with this one. It has some good things but some not good things too... Please note first: I have used this for only a couple weeks now... but I vacuum at least every other day.
- It does pick up a fair amount of dirt that the Shark neglected to get... Although I do feel the Shark picked up more dog hair than this does (we have a lab/pit bull mix that sheds all the time). So, it could be a negative if you have an excess amount of dog hair around. But in all honesty, no vacuum will perfectly pick everything up... so I don't rank this issue too heavily.
- The pet turbo tool for upholstery and furniture is probably the best pet tool I have ever used on a vacuum. I'm not sure what makes it so much better, but it is definitely my favorite part of the vacuum.
- My second favorite thing is the rewind feature for the cord. No more winding it up, the vacuum does it on its own with a push of a button!
- The canister is quite large for a baseless vacuum. I do like that it can cover more ground without filling up so quickly. I would have to dump my Shark at least once in my vacuuming, and my house is smaller than most.
- It is fairly bulky and heavy compared to other vacuums. Not a huge deal to me, but I do miss the lightness of my Shark. My wife has not used this vacuum yet, but I know for her, it will definitely feel heavy and she will never use it.
- Definitely a lot louder than other vacuums I have used. Again not a huge deal, but could be for some.
- When using the hose attachment or the pet turbo tool, the vacuum part still runs on the floor... this causes dust, dirt, and anything else it may pick up to disperse right back out into the air and on the floor/furniture. I feel like there could have been a better design to make that not happen... like when the vacuum is in the upright position, the vacuum roller on the floor automatically stop... I have found if I lean the vacuum back slightly as I use those tools, it reduces that issue, though. If anything, it's just a little inconvenient to have to do that.
Overall, I gave it four stars because it does what a vacuum should, plus it has a great attachment for vacuuming furniture. Hoping this one will last me longer than 2 years as well.
August 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by palosteph not the best but has held up
I've had this vacuum for a little over 2 years. Not the greatest suction and pet tool doesn't work that well (unless you use some elbow grease) but it serves it's purpose. The maintenance says the filter can be washed in mild soap. This is a great feature for the foam filter, since I am a neat freak I tend to wash all of the removable parts from time to time, but the inner filter should not be washed. Even when dried completely, as directed, it develops a bad oder that lingers after I vacuum. This will be my 3rd filter I am purchasing because I can't bare the smell. Hopefully I learn my lesson and don't wash it again, even though it says you can.
July 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jeremy Suction is poor and the dust will fly!
This product is a piece of junk. It has very poor suction and there is more dust coming out of vacuum than actually gets sucked in! If you take the hose out, dust and dirt will fly out of the hole where the hose sits. It's a poorly designed vacuum.
May 26, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by DogLover2014 Roller stopped spinning
I've had this vacuum for about 2 years. It worked great when I got it, but suddenly, the roller stopped spinning! The motor works because it has burned two belts.. The brush is just locked up. We took the bottom off and there are no obstructions or anything unusual. I'm disappointed that this vacuum went from great to broken with no reason.
May 3, 2014