Rated 4 out of 5 by Housetb06 Decent But Not The Best
Bought this vacuum to replace my 2 year old Shark vac that had seen better days. I needed something comparable to that but not as expensive. After tons of research and comparing prices, I went with this one. It has some good things but some not good things too... Please note first: I have used this for only a couple weeks now... but I vacuum at least every other day.
- It does pick up a fair amount of dirt that the Shark neglected to get... Although I do feel the Shark picked up more dog hair than this does (we have a lab/pit bull mix that sheds all the time). So, it could be a negative if you have an excess amount of dog hair around. But in all honesty, no vacuum will perfectly pick everything up... so I don't rank this issue too heavily.
- The pet turbo tool for upholstery and furniture is probably the best pet tool I have ever used on a vacuum. I'm not sure what makes it so much better, but it is definitely my favorite part of the vacuum.
- My second favorite thing is the rewind feature for the cord. No more winding it up, the vacuum does it on its own with a push of a button!
- The canister is quite large for a baseless vacuum. I do like that it can cover more ground without filling up so quickly. I would have to dump my Shark at least once in my vacuuming, and my house is smaller than most.
- It is fairly bulky and heavy compared to other vacuums. Not a huge deal to me, but I do miss the lightness of my Shark. My wife has not used this vacuum yet, but I know for her, it will definitely feel heavy and she will never use it.
- Definitely a lot louder than other vacuums I have used. Again not a huge deal, but could be for some.
- When using the hose attachment or the pet turbo tool, the vacuum part still runs on the floor... this causes dust, dirt, and anything else it may pick up to disperse right back out into the air and on the floor/furniture. I feel like there could have been a better design to make that not happen... like when the vacuum is in the upright position, the vacuum roller on the floor automatically stop... I have found if I lean the vacuum back slightly as I use those tools, it reduces that issue, though. If anything, it's just a little inconvenient to have to do that.
Overall, I gave it four stars because it does what a vacuum should, plus it has a great attachment for vacuuming furniture. Hoping this one will last me longer than 2 years as well.
August 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by palosteph not the best but has held up
I've had this vacuum for a little over 2 years. Not the greatest suction and pet tool doesn't work that well (unless you use some elbow grease) but it serves it's purpose. The maintenance says the filter can be washed in mild soap. This is a great feature for the foam filter, since I am a neat freak I tend to wash all of the removable parts from time to time, but the inner filter should not be washed. Even when dried completely, as directed, it develops a bad oder that lingers after I vacuum. This will be my 3rd filter I am purchasing because I can't bare the smell. Hopefully I learn my lesson and don't wash it again, even though it says you can.
July 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jeremy Suction is poor and the dust will fly!
This product is a piece of junk. It has very poor suction and there is more dust coming out of vacuum than actually gets sucked in! If you take the hose out, dust and dirt will fly out of the hole where the hose sits. It's a poorly designed vacuum.
May 26, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by DogLover2014 Roller stopped spinning
I've had this vacuum for about 2 years. It worked great when I got it, but suddenly, the roller stopped spinning! The motor works because it has burned two belts.. The brush is just locked up. We took the bottom off and there are no obstructions or anything unusual. I'm disappointed that this vacuum went from great to broken with no reason.
May 3, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Suzzn11 Disappointed
I bought this vacuum this morning, and I'm already tired of it. Although it seems to clean the floor well, all of the dirt and hair gets caught in the top part, so I have to empty it frequently -- I live in an apartment with myself and my cat, who does not shed. I had to clean the different filters and containers three times before most of my apartment actually looked clean. Also, I'm not sure if it is broken or what, but the handle WILL NOT stay attached to the rest of the vacuum. So when I pull the vacuum backwards it falls to pieces and I have to put it back together. Nothing looks broken, but this is the first bissell I've purchased and most likely the last. It was more of a workout vacuuming my apartment than when I go to the gym. Not worth the time or the effort.
April 27, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by shotgunmomma Not what I was expecting or hoping for!
I bought this about 4 months ago. It had the features I was looking for, and the price was great. I have a Bissell floor cleaner that is great, so I figured it would be too. That is not what it was, far from it. I spent more time cleaning the vacuum filters, cups, and hoses out than I spent vacuuming my floors. The pet hair and dirt get tangled up inside the top part, and inside the filter area more then it gets inside the actual cup itself. The cord does not always want to wind up, and I had to keep pulling it out and pushing the button until it would wind all the way up. The suction on this vacuum, even with brand new filters, is no where near good enough for picking up after pets, and kids. My last vacuum lasted 8 years and was purchased from a second had store. It was not a Bissell, and was great for pet hair, and kids. I went out and purchased one of those brand new models of another brand, and I gave this to my Grandfather who has mostly hardwood floors, and no pets. He finds it useful. Even at the price I paid for this, it was not worth it.
February 18, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by ktlee Absolutely the worst!
This is my first review ever. This product has made me so frustrated that I felt a review was necessary. I would not recommend this vacuum cleaner to my worst enemy. First, the bag-less feature sounded great, but I did not realize that this vacuum has three different areas that collect dirt. I can vacuum one bedroom and a hallway and two of the three collection areas are full. Emptying these bins leads only to dust and dirt everywhere since you have to pull the dirt out of one area by pulling in a downward direction. After one vacuuming, one of the filters is full and can only be cleaned by washing it, then waiting for it to dry to use the vacuum again. Secondly, I've had to replace the belt at least four times within the last year. Thirdly, unless the collection areas are empty, dust and dirt flies out as you are vacuuming.
February 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by home bissell
Im trying to find new floor brush mine wouldn't spin anymore and unit is only yr old kept eating belts. but by the looks I have to buy new vacuum
February 8, 2014