Rated 5 out of 5 by WOLFWOMAN Wow!!!
This product was purchased for me by my husband. We are in a bit of a race to get the house looking well so we can move. I had some muscular changes in February so I can't lift/carry/push or pull heavy objects.
We have a new in box Eureka somewhere in the garage that we have never used, couldn't find it but my husband found this product and brought it home... man am I glad!
It is a cleaning demon! We have lived in the house 7 years and have never cleaned the carpet except with the quick spray on products, and then it all had to dry by itself. The Ready Clean is just what it says... ready to clean!
We have a dog on medications that makes her have occasional accidents (floods... think Noah's Ark) and my Ready clean has tackled all her offerings without a hitch! The aroma of the cleaner is delightful and leaves the house with a very sweet smell!
I can do stairs with it, and every time I clean my carpet, it is like a Zen sanctuary I have gone to... the light floral scent, the hummmmmm (think OM) of the Ready Clean, and before I know it, I have cleaned my carpet AND had some quality time chilling out KNOWING MY READY CLEAN CAN TACKLE THE JOBS I GIVE IT TO DO!
Thank you for making this product! The water extraction system is amazing!
July 17, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by unhappy shampooer Poor Quality
I purchased this shampooer to maintain the carpet in my small (700 sq. ft) downtown condo. It was fine for that purpose for the first few uses. However, by the 4th use it leaked solution and by the 6th use it no longer extracted any moisture from the carpet. Given that I have little carpet and carefully followed the manufacturer's instructions, I do not recommend this item due to its poor quality.
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jdf I love this machine!
I purchased this as my other one broke after about 6 years.
I have two dogs and believe me accidents happen. I am not able to pick up a large machine to go up and down steps. this one is the best and although still difficult. I can manage it alone.
The sample of advanced formula that came with it is the best-- spring breeze leaves my home with a very pleasant fragrance.
The carpet feels very clean when I walk in my bare feet and the carpet looks clean.
The only problem was the spring breeze is not in any store and I had to order on line.
March 31, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Granny K It sucks or should I say it did
It took me forever to get it together. I even ordered more screws cause I thought that was the problem but it wasn't. I should have just taken it back but I really wanted a cleaner to keep on hand for spills and quick clean ups. The brush on it is not attached to any motor or anything. The only way you get the brush to clean is to go back and forth a lot!! I am very disappointed for the cleaning that it doesn't do but decided to keep it just to have it to suck up spills on the carpet. I noticed a lot of the reviews now say that it loses suction. I will return it then. I did buy the hard floor cleaner piece for it and some of the cleaner. I will try it on my tile floors but it that don't work....it is history.
January 29, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by marco design flaw
first one lasted for a year and one month and already have problems with the new one. In my opinion, 40N7 model have a design flaw. Upper body is secured only by two thin screws to the base and inadequately snag together. It was well illustrated in the assembly instructions which means who ever design the model expects a problem on that junction. A much larger screws perhaps and make it four instead of two. When the upper body is loosely secured to the base, water constantly pouring out even without pressing the lever and you have no control of lever as well...Using it once a week, I would expect 40N7 to work at least 2 and a half to 3 years at least...
January 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DBrocks Great Little Machine
This is a great cleaner for the size and money. I needed something that would clean deeper than regular shampooing and freshen up the place, but also small enough to fit in my closet and would not take up much space. This definitely did not disappoint. It's easy to put together, simply enough to use and clean. I'm very happy with it and gets the job done. Keep in mind it is not like the big cleaners, but if you are looking for something to clean spills and freshen up the place this really works!
December 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Britney Setting some negative reviews straight about a great product
This is my very first review I've ever done, but it's because of all the bad reviews people left so I want to set a few things straight.
1. Several people complained about how difficult it was to assemble. It has TWO screws of which you put the main part and the handle together. Heaven forbid you have to have a screwdriver on hand or need to borrow it from someone. All you have to do is screw it in so there is no gap between the two pieces (if you tighten them, that isn't hard at all).
2. Someone also said the spray trigger was hard to figure out. First of all, it's VERY visible as it's a gray trigger in the white handle that sticks out about an inch. The vacuum does not spray unless you hold down the trigger (which is easy as it pulls into the handle you are already holding on to). This is because you don't need the spray going full-blast both up and down as you vacuum; you only need it as you slowly pull the vacuum toward you.
3. "The water easily sloshes out of the vacuum." Unless you are manhandling the vacuum I think you'll be safe. I read that and thought I'd have to treat it like a delicate flower, but it's not that way at all. I never had dirty water spill all over my just barely cleaned carpets.
4. "The water tank is very small so you can't do large areas with it." The water tank isn't very large, but it takes about four or five minutes to refill it, empty out the dirty water, and put it back together. With it being that quick, I didn't mind changing it out a few times throughout my house. After renting large ones from various places, I actually prefer it being so small. The water stays hot because it's not sitting there for an entire house cooling off, it's easy to lift the dirty water container because it's not a massive amount of water and heavy, and it's lightweight and easy to maneuver.
5. "The scrubber bristles underneath don't move so that it agitates the carpet to get to the stains." It doesn't advertise that it moves, so why would it? It does the job, though. I have two puppies, one of which is just finishing house training, so our carpets were landmines of stains and odor. It was AWFUL. After I did just ONE round with this bad boy, my house smells wonderful again, the spots have almost disappeared completely (including two coffee spill stains from eight months ago), and my carpet FEELS amazing. I mean, so soft and new feeling. I was VERY impressed especially with some of the negative reviews I read about this vacuum.
6. "It's a good vacuum for the price you paid, but don't expect too much." It's a GREAT deal for the price you paid. It's one of the least expensive ones out there, yet it did a better job than the heavy duty ones I've rented in the past. It didn't remove the stains I had from eight months ago completely, but it got pretty close. Unless you look for them specifically, I wouldn't notice them (which was NOT the case beforehand). I anticipate the second time I do this, the stains will become even more less visible.
Great product. Does the job. Easy to maneuver and fill/empty, takes up the normal vacuum storage space, and left my carpets very clean. I have no complaints about it.
Also, Bissell delivered the vacuum and cleaning product I ordered within three days as opposed to the nine days it estimated delivery would be. Awesome!!!
December 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Susan Handle won't raise so no suction
The handle was put down for storage and now will only partially raise. And I know it won't suction water with our handle fully extended. I took my last one back for this same reason. Any trick? Its like there is a pin in there for two levels of retraction, but no getting past the mid way back up.
December 6, 2013