How can I clean my labrador retriever's ears?
Do you know of a good way to clean a Labrador Retriever's ears?
You are asking the right person! My husband and I have had Labrador and Lab mixes for years! Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- ear wash
- cotton balls
- cotton swab
- towel for wiping away excess liquid or to clean up afterwards
- First, talk to your veterinarian about what kind of ear wash is best formulated for your dog. Don’t ever use undiluted peroxide because it may burn your pet’s ears.
- Use a cotton ball and soak it with the ear wash. Then squeeze out the excess wash so it’s not dripping.
- Gently place the cotton ball in your dog’s ear and rub gently up and down.
- Next, soak a cotton swab with the ear wash and delicately clean the nooks and crannies of your dog’s ear.
During this process, it is natural for your dog to shake the excess liquid from his/her ears. This is perfectly fine.
Now, “ears wishing you luck” with your pet’s ear cleaning!