Partners for Pets Shelter Promotion Official Rules
THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN TO ANIMAL WELFARE ORGANIZATIONS THAT ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE PARTNERS FOR PETS PROGRAM AND THAT ARE LOCATED IN THE 50 UNITED STATES INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- DESCRIPTION AND CONTEST ENTRY: BISSELL Homecare, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will hold a random draw on or about each July 1, October 1, January 1, and April 1 beginning on July 1, 2011 (each individually referred to herein as a “Draw Date”). All animal welfare organizations participating in the Partners for Pets program on the last day of the month preceding the applicable Draw Date (“Participating Shelters”) will be automatically entered in the contest. Only Participating Shelters are eligible to enter the Contest/Promotion/Drawing.
- FINAL SELECTION PROCESS AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: On each Draw Date, a representative of the Sponsor will draw entries, one at a time, until the representative draws a shelter that meets the winner’s eligibility requirements described in paragraph 3 below.
In the event no Participating Shelters have met the requirement of 3.c. below, the Participating Shelter with the highest number of ADOPT code uses designated to their organization during the applicable Determination Period will be deemed to have met the requirement of 3.c. and will be deemed the winner, provided it meets the rest of the requirements of paragraph 3. If two or more Participating Shelters tie for the highest number of coupon code uses, the first one drawn in the original draw will be deemed the winner, provided it meets the rest of the requirements of paragraph 3.
Sponsor’s determination of the shelter’s eligibility is final and binding in all respects. The winner will be notified by email at the email address on file with Sponsor. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of the Sponsor to contact the potential winner after reasonable effort, or failure of potential winner to respond within three days of first attempted notification, will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and selection of an alternate winner.
- WINNER’S ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The three-month period ending on the last day of the month immediately preceding the applicable Draw Date is herein referred to as the “Determination Period.” In order to be awarded a Grand Prize, a Participating Shelter must:
- Meet all requirements for participation in the Partners for Pets program.
- Have, as of the last day of the Determination Period, prominently displayed on its website the logo for the Partners for Pets program with a link to www.bissell.com/PartnersforPets, and the logo for Lost Pet USA with a link to www.LostPetUSA.net.
- Have at least 5 uses of the ADOPT code designated to their organization, under the Partners for Pets program during the applicable Determination Period.
- Agree to provide the Sponsor with a recap of the use of the donation within 90 days of receipt of the prize.
- GRAND PRIZES: One Grand Prize is available for each Draw Date. Each Grand Prize includes:
- A $4,000 unrestricted donation to the winning shelter;
- A $1,000 donation to the winning shelter to be used for the promotion of microchipping; and
- Shelter promotion on BISSELL and Lost Pet USA websites and other communications, to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Grand Prizes will be delivered within 30 days of the Sponsor’s receipt of any post-drawing affidavits or releases required of the winning shelter by Sponsor and permitted by law.
No assignment, transfer, or substitution of prize is permitted. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS.
- RIGHT TO USE INFORMATION: By accepting a Grand Prize, a winning shelter grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies, the right, except where prohibited by law, to use its name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), website address, and organization information for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: A representative of the Grand Prize winner must complete, execute and return any additional affidavits or releases required by the Sponsor and permitted by law within seven (7) days of first attempted notification. Under the following circumstances, a winning shelter may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected: (i) winner’s failure to return documents in a timely manner, (ii) the return of the prize or prize notification as non-deliverable, or (iii) Sponsor’s determination that the shelter is ineligible to win (see paragraph 3 above) or is not in compliance with these Official Rules. By acceptance of a Grand Prize, each winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in this contest. Sponsor may discontinue this contest at any time.
- SPONSOR’S DISCRETION: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any shelter if it finds, in its sole discretion, that representatives of the shelter tampered with the entry process or the operation of the contest; acted in violation of the Official Rules; or acted in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or organization. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PET USA), THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of Grand Prize acceptance, winning shelters agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of Grand Rapids having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Michigan without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNER INFORMATION: For winner information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BISSELL Homecare, Inc., Partners for Pets Contest Winner Information, c/o Amanda Parrish, 2345 Walker Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544, to be postmarked no later than 90 days after the applicable Draw Date.
- SPONSOR: BISSELL Homecare, Inc., 2345 Walker Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544.