The arrival of warmer weather means the beginning to spring and summer entertaining. From Mother’s Day and Father’s Day to graduation parties and bridal showers, people are hosting an endless string of events in their homes. With these quick and easy cleaning tips, every host with the most can have the house guest-ready and fresh in no time.
- Knock your socks off: Even if the blinds look clean, hidden dust can show when the sun shines through the windows. Use an old sock to give blinds a quick dusting.
- Make a run for it: Got a run in your pantyhose? Don’t toss them! Use them to wipe off candles on coffee or end tables.
- When the dust settles: Make sure to dust everything before you vacuum. The vacuum will pick up dust that has moved around once it’s settled.
- Get a fresh start: Before vacuuming, use Febreze™ Carpet Deodorizing Powders. Just sprinkle the powder on carpets, wait for a few minutes and vacuum as usual. The powder cleans up to three times better than vacuuming alone*, eliminates odors and leaves behind a light, fresh scent.
- Window pains: In the winter months, grime and moisture can collect in window tracks and leave a residue. To clean them, dip a cotton swab in white vinegar and run it along window tracks to clean hard-to-reach grime.
- Sticky fingers: Family members eating or drinking in the living room can unknowingly leave behind sticky food residue on coffee and end tables. To clear up these messes, create a solution of equal parts coconut oil and baking soda. Wipe excess solution with water and dry.
- Paint the town bread: Have a favorite painting or canvas photo that’s collected dust and grime? Use a piece of white bread on the painting face. Wipe off the excess crumbs with a soft-bristled, clean paintbrush.
- All sweetness and light: As a finishing touch, top light bulbs with a few drops of vanilla extract. Turn the lights on. The heat from the bulb will heat up the extract and make the room smell delicious.
Febreze, Hawaiian Aloha and Thai Dragon Fruit are trademarks of The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, used under license by BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
*Cleaning results based upon measurements of color reflectance and brightness of carpet fibers.