1. Forgot you had it? Out it goes.
2. Haven't worn or used in a year? Out it goes. Be ruthless.
3. More than one of same item? Out go the duplicates. Be ruthless.
4. Just got a new one? Out goes the old one.
4. Child no longer plays with it? Give it to someone with a younger child.
5. Pantry items not outdated but will never be used? To the food bank.
6. Lotions, soaps, etc. still in gift packages? Hotel soaps, shampoos, lotions? Give to retirement home, homeless shelter, etc.
7. Make a trip to Goodwill, Salvation Army, charity thrift shop or the like every three months and donate clothing, shoes, electronics (Goodwill needs computers and parts), furniture, appliances, knick-knacks, etc. GET A RECEIPT FOR TAX DEDUCTIONS.
8. If you still have extra stuff, have a garage sale.
Posted on 5/24/10 at 12:44 PM