Rated 1 out of 5 by Brandon3989 Worst vacuum ever!
I bought this vacuum a year and a half ago and I've had nothing but trouble. I get half a room done and then I have to empty it because all the hair goes to the funel and then it no longer sucks. I found myself emptying it more than I do getting the job done. I will NOT own another Bissell.
February 16, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sam the man up-right vac
The price was right and the sale person said it was well worth the money. The hose is to short. The filter and bottom unit will
not release now. Have to take a screw driver to help release.
I'm not a happy camper with this vac. So please look at some
reviews before you buy.
February 6, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Angela worked great for price until....
I wanted this or help with hair and the cord rewind. It cleaned really well until while using my handle broke very disapointing. I liked the product but can not use now.
February 1, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by llrat01 belt problems
This product works well initially but after about a year the belt seems to always move along the spinning brush causing it to get auctioned itself and burn rubber literally. We have replaced the belt numerous times and still have this problem. We have a dog the filter does need to be cleaned more often than it said in the manual.
January 22, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Frosty23 Good, lightweight vacuum
Just purchased this vacuum. Have used one time, so don't have much input on durability. However, it really picks up dust and dirt. The dirt cup is easily removable and easy to open. However, if you have to clean the filter part, as one reviewer mentioned, you have to stick your hand up into the tube and get dirty. I would suggest doing this part outside, if possible. The main drawback, for me, is the electric cord is at the bottom of the unit. So, when you let go of the electric cord and then have to pick it back up again to move the vacuum cleaner around, you have to bend almost all the way to the floor to do this, and the older I get, the more difficult this becomes. I'm trying to remember to lay the cord over the top of the machine when I'm not holding it, but it would have been nice to have it come out near the top of the base instead of the bottom. Four out of five stars for me.
January 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Farm Wife Cheap to Own and Easy to Keep Clean
This vacuum has not needed any repairs and is not falling apart and really picks up on all my floors. I do have to clean the filter each time I use it and let it dry before I can put it back in, but that works for me each day. If I don't clean the filter it will be spitting out the back on the vacuum because it must be cleaned between uses, but that is because it really picks up. I also think that using it on bare floors is not good with this vacuum, but that is alright with me because I just sweep those floors and mop them with the steam vac, now. I am so happy to have this vacuum. It has out performed any vacuum I have used previously and that says more than you could know. It has saved me tons of money in replacements and I love it better than the expensive one I had. I never thought I would say that about any other vacuum. I will buy only Bissell from now on. I like having a good brush on it for the carpets. I live on a farm and cleaning the carpets often is necessary. I am looking now for a heated water shampooer to own, next, in Bissell. Love Bissell. I could not believe how it is bag-less and other than my own electricity it is costing me nothing to own. Every time I vacuum it picks up everything and I could not live without it. For me it is about Bissell products for my floors. Which Bissell product do I want and prefer is what I look for now. Thanks Bissell! Great Product.
December 15, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by WBNY Very disappointed
Have had this vacuum ~1.25 years. I should have returned it right away, but we aren't very close to the store, and I needed a vacuum immediately. So now I'm stuck with it until it gives out (which might not be much longer). I have hardwood floors with some area rugs. Here are some of the issues I have had with it:
1) The vacuum is supposed to be better-suited for carpets, but because it has a bare floor setting, I thought it would work reasonably well on the hardwood. It doesn't. Even on the bare floor setting, the brush turns, spitting debris out the back of the vacuum. Not only are your floors not clean after you vacuum, but it also feels like you're getting sand-blasted if you're in bare feet. So I rarely use it on hard floors any more.
2) When you're using the wand, the brush still spins (even on bare floor setting). So you have to be careful that the constantly spinning brush doesn't damage the surface the vacuum is sitting on. There is also a section of cord that was chewed up by the vacuum.
3) When using the wand, the vacuum tips over easily, because the hose is not long enough. You have to be quick, to get out of the way.
4) The filter clogs almost immediately. I do have a dog, but it clogs even before I get done with one area rug. When the filter clogs, a lot of debris gets stuck up at the top of the canister. This happened the first time I used the vacuum, so I really think it's a design flaw. As mentioned in other reviews, you get filthy cleaning out the canister. You push the button to neatly empty the canister, but if you want to get the trapped debris out (and maintain suction), you have to stick your arm up in there to remove the center portion.
5) The suction was initially pretty good, but after a while, it started to become less effective, even with regular cleaning of the filter. Now I often run it on the bare floor setting for my (low-pile) area rugs, or it won't clean very well. This makes it really hard to push and as a result (I think), the handle has started to come apart.
I was really disappointed when my last vacuum lasted only 5 years. I will be surprised if this one makes it to 2 years.
November 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Diane Great suction
I've owned this vacuum for over a year now and the suction is just as fabulous as it was on the first use. Its lightweight and easy to maneuver.
My only complaint is when using the tools the hose doesn't stretch well and the vacuum always falls over....I've lost many household glass items because of this. Also the turbo brush tool hit the floor and fell completely apart on first use and I was not able to repair it. You also need to be careful of the cord as it is on the bottom of the cleaner and the little indentation at the top of the cleaner, which is made to hold the cord, is much to big so the cord does not stay in the holder.
Otherwise it is a great vacuum if you are looking for something that takes care of pet hair easily.
November 10, 2014