Keeping Your House Clean with Pets
by Julie of Lilacs & Longhorns
As you may recall from my recent post about our newest family member, I have four pets. Yes, four. All of whom have hair that sheds to one degree or another. Just like my human children, I am tackling messes my furry kids make each day.
Here are 5 tips to keep your house looking and smelling clean with pets:
1.Vacuum floors at least twice per week and make sure you get in to all the corners, using your vacuum’s hose and tools. (Hint: If your children aren’t old enough to help with vacuuming the floors, give them the job of doing the corners – it’s a great way to keep them busy and involved.)
2.Vacuum your fabric furniture at least once a week. Vacuum attachments with brushes are especially good for removing pet hair. Remember to get down in to the corners and lift up the cushions while you’re at it!
3. Scoop the cat litter once a day. This is especially true if you have 2 or more cats like I do. (Hint: This is another great job for your kids!)
4. Keep the cat litter fresh with baking soda. Whenever I scoop the litter, I add a small amount of baking soda to absorb the smell. True, some litters already have baking soda in them, but I add a little extra to keep the odor neutralized. I also use a plug-in air freshener in the laundry room where the litter boxes are kept.
5. Place a mat or small rug in front of the litter box. Doing this helps keep the litter scatter at bay. It doesn’t collect it all, but it definitely helps! (I also use an enclosed litter box which helps a lot too!)
< Back to Everyday Messes
Pet Vacuum with
- Features an easy-release portable vacuum for stairs and more
- No loss of suction* for performance that lasts
- Swivel steering for easy maneuvering around furniture, and a brush-roll on/off switch for scatter-free suction on hard floors
- On-board tools include Pet TurboEraser® Tool and crevice tool
- Collapsible handle for compact storage
- 5-year limited warranty
*Tested per IEC 60312-1 with multiple dust loadings, results within accepted tolerance of 5%.
BISSELL PowerGlide® Pet Vacuum with Lift-Off® Technology
This is such an easy vacuum to use. With having 2 large labs in the house, I am vacuuming almost daily! I love how light it is and easy to store! The easy empty basket is a joy.
-Shari, Tampa, FL
Read more BISSELL PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology Reviews