5 Tips to Have Fun while Cleaning With Kids
by Susan from 5 Minutes for Mom
Susan here. As part of our campaign to Celebrate Everyday Messes with BISSELL, we want to share some tips to make cleaning more fun for your kids.
Do your kids like to clean? Do you want some ideas for how to make it more fun for you and your children?
In this video, my 8-year-old, Julia, and my 6-year-old niece, Olivia, help me share five fun tips for cleaning with kids.
5 Tips for Cleaning with Kids
- Embrace your child’s natural desire to clean.
My girls like to clean up their own rooms, so they can find “special homes” for all their toys.
- Keep the organization system simple.
You want your kids to know where their toys should go, and they should be easy to put away.
- Turn cleaning into a game.
Kids love to play and if you can make cleaning a bit of a game, you’ll all have more fun.
- Help keep your kids from getting overwhelmed.
If they have too many toys in their rooms, you may want to have a bin where you rotate some toys in and out every few months.
- Make vacuuming easier by having kids pick up toys off the floor.
If your children are little, you may even turn it into a game where the bed is a boat, and the toys are fish or luggage they need to bring with them onboard.
When you make it fun, cleaning becomes a lot easier!
Do you have any secrets to encourage your children to help you with housework?
Win a BISSELL PowerGlide Vacuum
Do you want to win a BISSELL PowerGlide vacuum like the one I use in the video?
Go to the Celebrate Everyday Messes contest on BISSELL’s Facebook Page and share a photo or video showing a mess you cleaned up with a vacuum.
We hope you win – definitely let us know if you do!
Disclaimer: This post is part of a sponsored campaign, but as always, you can trust our opinions are our own.
Written by Susan of 5 Minutes for Mom
Join me at: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/
< Back to Everyday Messes
Pet Vacuum with
- Features an easy-release portable vacuum for stairs and more
- No loss of suction* for performance that lasts
- Swivel steering for easy maneuvering around furniture, and a brush-roll on/off switch for scatter-free suction on hard floors
- On-board tools include Pet TurboEraser® Tool and crevice tool
- Collapsible handle for compact storage
- 5-year limited warranty
*Tested per IEC 60312-1 with multiple dust loadings, results within accepted tolerance of 5%.
BISSELL PowerGlide® Pet Vacuum with Lift-Off® Technology
This is such an easy vacuum to use. With having 2 large labs in the house, I am vacuuming almost daily! I love how light it is and easy to store! The easy empty basket is a joy.
-Shari, Tampa, FL
Read more BISSELL PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology Reviews