Five Steps to Clean Your Kids’ After-Party Messes in Less Than One Hour
by Tiara of Milk-Drops.com
You know how that goes— you have your little ones’ friends over for a birthday party and in less than two or three hours the house turns into complete mess, so much that you don’t even know where to place your foot to walk in and collect the food leftovers!
I experience this headache recently with Rasha’s school award party, where even the kids’ parents contributed to the messes by leaving plastic glasses and dishes scattered around and didn’t even care to pick and throw in the trash bin. Ugh.
Here’s what I did to clean up the messes in less than 1 hour.
1. Collect food leftovers
Uncaring of the party stuff scattered on the floor, I collected all food leftovers in a large tray and placed it on the kitchen table. I didn’t stop and separate one food from another— I just really threw in all together, being careful only that I placed untouched food in one side of the tray and the other leftovers on the other side. Really, you can separate further later on. You don’t need to do it now.
Time: 10 minutes.
2. Trash all that dirty party stuff
Take one large trash bag and throw in all used plastic dishes, glasses, forks, spoons and knives, then the party decorations on the floor (they’re stepped over and dirty, so you can’t save them), any tissues and other stuff you can pick by hand quickly. Seal the bag and put it outside and just forget it for now.
Time: 10 minutes.
3. Broom away!
Use your broom to sweep around and get rid of all the remaining food, plastic and paper remnants on the floor. Throw them in the trash can. You can put them outside later on.
Time: 7 minutes.
4. Grab that vacuum cleaner!
Vacuum the entire room where the party took place. Make sure you don’t forget the corners and under tables and chairs. Empty the vacuum cleaner’s bag into the trash bag where you threw in stuff from step #3.
Time: 5-10 minutes.
5. Mop the floor
Mop the floor quickly and leave the room to dry naturally.
Time: 3-5 minutes
Total time: 35-42 minutes
After that 1 hour…
• Quickly collect untouched food and put it in the freezer
• Give half-eaten food to the dogs in the street if you can’t save anything untouched out of it
• Take all the trash outside and make sure the bags are well sealed
• Put the room in order now that’s clean and tidy.
< Back to Everyday Messes
Pet Vacuum with
- Features an easy-release portable vacuum for stairs and more
- No loss of suction* for performance that lasts
- Swivel steering for easy maneuvering around furniture, and a brush-roll on/off switch for scatter-free suction on hard floors
- On-board tools include Pet TurboEraser® Tool and crevice tool
- Collapsible handle for compact storage
- 5-year limited warranty
*Tested per IEC 60312-1 with multiple dust loadings, results within accepted tolerance of 5%.
BISSELL PowerGlide® Pet Vacuum with Lift-Off® Technology
This is such an easy vacuum to use. With having 2 large labs in the house, I am vacuuming almost daily! I love how light it is and easy to store! The easy empty basket is a joy.
-Shari, Tampa, FL
Read more BISSELL PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology Reviews