PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY! IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT APPLY TO YOU.
BISSELL Rewards Program Terms & Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT (" AGREEMENT") CONTAINS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE BISSELL REWARDS PROGRAM. (THE “PROGRAM”) BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO THE USE AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROGRAM AND, SPECIFICALLY, TO ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.
- GENERAL TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Eligibility. The Program is open to an individual only if he or she has become a member of the “BISSELL We Mean Clean"™ Community and accepted the associated Membership Terms (each a “Member”). Individuals may apply to become a Member at www.BISSELL.com. Acceptance of this Agreement, and any subsequent modification thereof, is an ongoing condition of participation in the Program.
- Reward Points. Under the Program, a Member may earn points based solely on BISSELL products that the Member purchases and registers through the BISSELL.com web site or through an authorized retail location within the last 90 days, as further set forth below (“Reward Points”). Reward Points will be awarded once for each qualifying product purchased and registered. Members may also earn points through participation in BISSELL.com discussion forums, polls, comment and rating areas, and through the creation of a personal profile. Points will be awarded automatically upon completion of a participation event (i.e. a comment or rating).
- Value of Reward Points. A Member will receive discounts off the purchase of BISSELL products on BISSELL.com based on the number of Reward Points that the Member accumulates within a 12-month period.
- EARNING REWARD POINTS
- Purchases Through BISSELL.com. Reward Points will be awarded automatically to a Member for a qualifying purchase made by the Member through the BISSELL.com web site.
- Purchases Through Retail Location. Reward Points will be awarded to a Member for a qualifying purchase made within the last 90 days by the Member through an authorized BISSELL retail store, but only if the Member registers the Model Number and Serial Number for the purchased product through the BISSELL.com web site. The Model Number and Serial Number for a qualifying purchased product are located on the product white motor rating label. The Member may register the numbers through the BISSELL.com web site as instructed on the site. Serial Numbers are unique and may be registered only once. BISSELL will monitor Serial Numbers that a Member enters into the BISSELL.com web site. BISSELL reserves the right to revoke a Member’s membership, deny Reward Points, revoke Reward Points, or otherwise determine the points to be invalid if BISSELL determines that an Serial Number was entered more than once for a product purchased.
- Participation on BISSELL.com. Members may also earn points through participation in BISSELL.com discussion forums, polls, comment and rating areas, and through the creation of a product testimonial or a personal profile. Points will be awarded automatically upon completion of a participation event (i.e. a product testimonial, a comment or a rating).
- Number of Reward Points Awarded. The number of Reward Points awarded for purchase and registration of a particular product will be equal to the number of points assigned to that product on the purchase date. The number of Reward Points assigned to a particular product are set forth on the BISSELL.com web site. The number of points for participation activites on BISSELL.com are as follows:
- Discussion Forum Contribution: 3 points
- Completion of Poll: 3 points
- Comment: 3 points
- Rating: 1 point
- Product Testimonial: 3 points
- Personal Profile: 63 points
- Reward Points Status Levels. A Member will receive discounts off the purchase of BISSELL products, or other benefit as determined by BISSELL from time to time, based on the Status Level corresponding to the number of Reward Points that the Member accumulates within a 12-month period. The Status Levels and their corresponding Reward Points totals are as follows:
Status Level Accumulated Reward Points
Bronze: 01 - 25 points
Silver: 26 - 50 points
Gold: 51 - 100 points
Platinum: 101 + points
The discount percentage or other benefit available to a Member at a particular Status Level is set forth on the BISSELL.com web site. Reward Points are not redeemable for cash. Reward Points are non-transferable. The sale or barter of Reward Points, except by BISSELL, is expressly prohibited. Any Reward Points found to have disposed of or obtained through sale or barter will be deemed void. Other exclusions and limitations may apply and will be listed on the BISSELL.com web site.
- Expiration of Reward Points. Reward Points expire one year after the date of the Member’s purchase or point-earning activity on www.bissell.com, within the last 90 days of purchase at an authorized BISSELL retail store, or upon termination of the Program, whichever is sooner.
- Disqualification, Membership Cancelation and Reward Points Forfeiture. BISSELL reserves the right to discontinue membership privileges and void or cancel a Member's entire Reward Points and/or BISSELL.com membership account if any Reward Points in the Member's account are issued, received or redeemed through fraud or theft or otherwise illegally or not as authorized in this Agreement or in other current Program rules.
- Consumer Purchases Only. The Program (both for participation and earning Reward Points) is limited to consumer purchases only. Other purchases (e.g. business, institutional) do not qualify. Products purchased using discounts and other benefits awarded through the program are for a Member’s own household use or as a gift. Discounts and other benefits awarded through the program may not be used to purchase products for resale, rental, or shipment to customers or potential customers.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PARTICIPATION IN THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS VOLUNTARY AND AT MEMBER’S OWN RISK. BISSELL HOMECARE, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE BISSELL.COM OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR REVENUE, ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF THIS PROGRAM OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR INTENDED TO BE OBTAINED THEREUNDER, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICE, DOWN TIME, MEMBER’S TIME, THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES AND INJURY TO PROPERTY OR PERSON, REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY, AND EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
- GOVERNING LAW
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU THE MEMBER CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN MICHIGAN.
Offers are subject to change without notice or obligation. BISSELL reserves the right to change, limit or terminate this Agreement, offers, benefits, eligibility or other features of the Program without prior notice at any time. Interpretation of all program rules will be made solely by BISSELL and shall be final.
Access the Program web site BISSELL.com or call between 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday - Friday, Eastern Time and Saturday 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.