My Flip-Ease or Vac&Shine® is not spraying. What should I do?
Answer: 1. Make sure you were pressing and holding the trigger.
2. See if there’s liquid in the tank. If not, fill the tank with BISSELL® Hard Floor solution and water.
3. If there’s liquid in the tank, make sure the clean water tank is inserted properly. Try removing and reinserting the tank.
4. Check to see that black rubber tip on the cap is attached to the cap. It may have fallen into the unit. If it has fallen off, reattach it. If it’s missing, you can replace it by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=9102&partid=4532
5. Press the valve in the tip of the cap. Water should come through when you press this x-shaped valve. If water doesn’t come out, the valve may be blocked internally. Try soaking the cap in hot tap water to clear the blockage.
6. Check to make sure the handle is installed properly. Remove the handle and re-attach it, making sure the handle is pushed down all the way. Improper handle assembly will cause the unit not to spray. You’ll need to remove the solution tank and lift the tab as you lift the handle, as shown below.
7. Check the black, circular piece of rubber (called the Umbrella Valve) on the top of the tank. There should be 2 tiny holes, 1 on either side of the rubber tip on the umbrella valve. If there aren’t any holes, you’ll need to replace the tank. You can do so by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=9102&partid=4531
8. See if the solution tube is properly inserted into the base of the mop (pictured below). If it is, go on to step 9. If it’s not, reattach it.
9. Check if the spray tips are clean. Clean the spray tips with a paper clip or brush. An old toothbrush works well. (See picture below)
10. If you still can’t spray, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. A representative will be ready and waiting to help you out!